KIDS TAIKO SUMMER CAMP
Updates - We'll have small group in-person camp depending the phase of King County
by carefully preparation with CDC health and safety recommendation. Please check the condition of Camp
- This is one of the summer gifts for your child to have global thinking -
Bilingual Music program by full time Taiko performers
Taiko Drumming is a combination of Music, Art, Exercise and Entertainment.
Nurture the young mind and body through this cool Japanese cultural activity. Besides the fun physical and musical experience. All campers will be expected to learn the creativity, expression, cooperation and growing their global thinking and self-confidence which necessary for living as a person in the community.
Students will learn the Japanese performing arts mainly Taiko Drumming through this 5 days session by FUN WAY!
The Instructors of this program are full time Japanese Taiko Drummers, Ringtaro and Asako Tateishi who provide educational program from The School of TAIKO for 10 years and have long time Taiko/Entertainer experience in Japan and US.
Through the program, the camper will ;
• Get many instruction / knowledge from world-class Taiko performer
• Growing up their self-confident by making success step by step
• Learn Japanese Music Arts
• Learn Japanese Rhythm
• Learn Japanese Movement
• Learn how to team up with friends through playing the music
• Have a great experience to know the Japanese Culture, Manner and Conversation in natural way
• Build up their mutual understanding for getting global eyes
• Show their improvement to family and friends at the last day of the camp
Kids Summer Taiko Camp Information
Now Registration OPEN
August 10 - 14, 2020 at Seattle/JCCCW
This year's School of TAIKO Kids TAIKO Summer Camp will be coordinated depending on COVID-19 restrictions of King county, WA.
In-person camp (regular style) will be held as a small group when King county will be Phase 3 by August 1, 2020.
This program will be changed to Online at home camp, in the case of King county will be still before the Phase 3 on August 1.
The conditions are subject to change without prior notice.
Theme : Matsuri!
Date: Monday, August 10 to Friday, August 14 , 2020
Time : 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
*Friday, August 14 will have performance for family members from 12:00 pm.
Place : Japanese Cultural Community Center of Washington ( map )
Capacity : 8 Students ( Min 4 )
Age : Kindergartner ~ 3rd Grader for 2020-2021
(Must be at least 5 years old by August 31, 2020)
Main Instructor : Full Time Taiko Performer/Ringtaro Tateishi
Belongings : Cloth Masks,Water bottle, Healthy snack
Camp Fee : $238
* Fee is included items of below
• Original T-shirts
• Set of Kid's Bachi (Taiko Stick)
• The cost of materials to make own Taiko drum and other craft things. ( for in-person camp only )
- For Online camp, T-shirts & Taiko Sticks will be delivered without additional fee in United States.
* Sibling who living same address will get 10% off for second kid
Asako Tateishi is co-founder of The School of TAIKO who manages & provides various programs of SOT with working as full time Japanese musical performer. Also she has produced "Bellevue World TAIKO Festival" since 2014 for connect communities with good quality Japanese musical culture.
As a performer, she is a member of CHIKIRI and performs
with "TAIKOZA" NYC based Taiko group. She also performed at EPCOT/Walt Disney World as a member of the MATSURIZA.
In Japan, she worked as official sports caster of Suzuka Circuit and Twin Ring Motegi and also do MC rolls at sports events, weddings and more occasion. Her experiences through various events, such as the World Championships is support the successful of the events by coordinating the Taiko & J- Culture programs.
Recently her column about "Meaning of learning Japanese culture in US" is in "SoySource" March 8 issue.
She also enjoys her life as a University Drumline mom as well as outdoor activities in the Puget Sound area, and be into the live concerts.
Ringtaro Tateishi is full time Taiko performer, Composer and Arranger who has started Taiko from 6 years old and has carrier as professional about 30 years over.
He started his carrier with world renowned Taiko group ONDKOZA from 1989. In 10 years life with this group, he performed over 1,000 times concert in 26 countries including Carnegie Halls, and completed the American peripheral marathon tour in three years. All challenges which he done in the group gifted him extraordinaty experience.
After leaving the troupe, he has moved to US for sharing Japanese Taiko Drumming at EPCOT/ Walt Disney World, FL and sharing his experiene for guests of WDW who comes from around the world.
Currently he is a leader of the taiko group called CHIKIRI, and works as Principal /Artistic Director of The School of TAIKO which has 80 students as weekly lessons from 2009.
His creative pieces are performed around the US, especially " Mitsu-Uchi/Rantana" is popular number which have been performed at EPCOT Walt Disney World by MATSURIZA
How To Register for Taiko Summer Camp
Please make payment in two weeks after filled the registration form for keeping your spot. Until then, your registration will be kept as pre-registration states.
Your registration is completed and get confirmation when the form and payment have reached in our office.
Terms and Conditions for registration
( This condition is set for only Kids Taiko Summer Camp 2020 under COVID 19 restriction, not regular classes )
If you notify us you wish to cancel your enrollment
- Until June 10 : Full refund
- Until June 25 : 50% refund
- After July 10 : No refund
- If the restriction of King county will be still before the Phase 3 as of August 1, 2020 - This camp will be changed to Online camp. Or you will be full refunded if you will select to step off from this Taiko Summer Camp.
* $30 Business fee is Non Refund for all above condition
* Please note, above refund policy will be changed without notification. The conditions at the time you apply will take precedence.
Summer Camp may be cancelled if less than 5 students are registered.
Cancellation by less registration numbers will be notified by August 1, and your paid fee will be full refunded.
Space has limited.
Your space will be reserved when we have received both of Registration form and Payment at the office.
*If you have several treats for discount or another advantage, we will offer only one of them for each case.
*Convenience fee will be charged for Credit Card payment